Transactions in Snappost are done on the Transaction Page.
This page consists of
- Customer- In this section all the customer details can be entered or viewed.
- Payment –In this section all thepayment information details such as transaction amount, also enables the user to select the transaction type from the drop down
- Options– This section provides an option to the user to send an email receipt, add to address book,sms receipt and add to vault checked on the box next to it.
- Cancel and Process- This option allows the user to process the transaction or cancel.
Transaction Process – New Customer
1. Customer Details
Enter the customer details manually in this section –
- First name
- Last name
- Address details
- Customer ID
- Zip Code
2. Payment Details
Step 1: Enter the amount
Enter the transaction amount in dollars
Step 2 : Select the Transaction Type
- Credit/Debit (Card Present)
- Credit/Debit (Card Not Present)
- ACH (E-Check)
Case 1: Credit/Debit (Card Present)
If a card is present select Credit/Debit (Card Present) from the dropdown and use the swipe option.
While using a swipe option, card swipe machine is connected to the system and the card is swiped.
The card details will automatically be populated and the transaction will be processed.
Case 2: Credit/Debit (Card Not Present)
If a card is not present select Credit/Debit (Card Not Present) from the dropdown
Case 3: ACH (E-Check)
In case a Customer requests for a Bank transaction
- Select ACH
- Enter Routing Number
- Enter Account Number
- Select the SEC code from the drop down
- Select the Check Type from drop down
- Note: These SEC codes are prescribed by NACHA. The below table describes them.
|SEC Code||Description||Account Types|
|WEB||Internet-Initiated Entry||Single or recurring debits authorized via Internet||Consumer- Savings, Checking and Business Checking|
|TEL||Telephone-Initiated Entry||Single debits authorized via telephone.||Consumer-Savings, Checking and Business Checking|
|PPD||Prearranged Payment and Deposit||Prearranged payments and deposits, most often on a recurring basis (payroll, bill payments)||Consumer- Savings and checking|
|CCD||Cash Concentration and Disbursement||Credits or debits where funds are distributed or consolidated between corporations.||Corporate-Business checking|
|BOC||Back Office Conversion Entry||Allows creation of single debits for a point-of-purchase check during back office conversion.||Consumer-Savings, Checking and Business Checking|
|ARC||Accounts Receivable Entry||Single debits based on a check received through U.S. mail or dropbox.||Consumer-Savings, Checking and Business Checking|
Step 3 : Select the Options
- E-Mail Receipt- When a customer requests for an email receipt check the checkbox of E-mail Receipt.
- Add to Vault- To save the details of the customer check the checkbox of Add to Vault.
Step 4 : Process a transaction
Click on Process to process a transaction
When a Transaction is successful following receipt is generated
When a transaction is not successful following receipt is generated.
Click on New Transaction to process another New transaction